placing your order, please review our Shipping Policies for a more positive
Orders may take 24-48 hours to be processed.
We ONLY ship Monday-Wednesday for orders to arrive within the work week with our Free 2-day shipping. (see below for Saturday delivery).
How are orders shipped?
- Our FREE shipping orders are sent
via FedEx Express or FedEx Ground to arrive within 2 days within the continental US. For orders shipped to Alaska or Hawaii, a $20 Shipping and Handling fee will be added to your order.
- FedEx only comes to our facility once a day by 12:00 PM CST, so if you choose Overnight Delivery, it will not go out that day. As stated above, it can take up to 24 hours to process your order, so you may not get it Overnight.
- Please see below for FedEx delivery timelines for each of their services.
February 1 - October 31
- We will ONLY ship on Mondays for arrival on Wednesdays. Orders need to be placed by 9:00 AM on Mondays, otherwise your order will go out the following Monday.
November 1 - January 31
- For free shipping, we will ship Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday to ensure your product arrives prior to the
weekend. (Packages sometimes delayed due to unforeseen circumstances –
i.e. weather delays, etc.).
- Tuesday deliveries are only possible if you pay an extra overnight charge.
- Saturday deliveries are only possible if you pay an extra overnight charge and are only available in some areas.
What do you need to do?
- You must provide a complete physical
address. We are unable to ship to PO
- Prior to submitting your order,
review all order and shipping information carefully prior to order completion.
Schiltz Foods is not responsible for damage or thawed product due to incorrect
or incomplete shipping addresses.
Customers will be responsible for charges of new order if one is placed.
- FedEx typically makes deliveries
between 8:00 AM-8:00 PM (we can’t control the time). Although we don’t require a signature on
shipments, we have found that FedEx does not leave packages at apartment
buildings, condos, etc. in certain cities if there is not a door person. If
this pertains to you, please watch your tracking and ensure someone is there to
receive the delivery.
Advance Orders Schedule
Delivery dates may be selected from the drop-down menu provided in the checkout
process. If a date is not in the drop-down menu, you can fill in the required
date, keeping in mind our above shipping policies. All orders must be shipped within 30 days of
Order Changes or Cancellations
You may change or cancel an order with advance notice. We will do all that we
can to honor your request, but if the order has already begun the shipping
process, we cannot change it or cancel it. Order changes or cancellations need
to take place prior to 5:00 PM CST the day before it is scheduled to ship.
Orders placed during the holiday season (November 1-January 31) may be changed or
cancelled up to 12:00 PM CST on the day PRIOR to shipping. Cancellations
received after this time cannot be accommodated and the order will ship as
Our frozen goose and capon products are individually vacuum sealed and placed in a
corrugated box lined with foam for extra protection - a package combination
that will ensure your products arrive cold and in excellent condition.
Our products are delivered without a signature requirement to prevent the
package from going back to the delivery terminal and spoiling.
- There is a $50 minimum product
order (does not include gift certificates).
- We offer FREE Shipping
for FedEx 2-day orders. If you require Overnight or Saturday delivery, you'll
incur additional charges.
- 30 lb. Rendered Fat container
does not qualify for free shipping, unless we can ship it
Ground to arrive in 3 days or less.
- Note: FedEx and UPS do not work certain holidays, so
products will not ship on those days.
- Holiday Orders: FedEx DOES NOT guarantee shipments (both 2-day, Standard Overnight or Priority Overnight) from November 1-January 1). We see very few packages that don't arrive on the date/time they are scheduled, but with FedEx's busy schedule, mishaps do happen. Please note that they will not guarantee the package, so we cannot refund your money.
- Schiltz Foods reserves the right to delay or expedite shipments due to inclement weather. With volatile weather and shipping frozen product, we prefer to delay shipment versus having products delayed in transit and potentially spoiled.
If you are unclear about our shipping policies or when your product will arrive, please contact us
via email or call 605-698-7651.