- 6-7 lb: Serves approximately 6-7 people
- 7-8 lb: Serves approximately 7-8 people
- 8-9 lb: Serves approximately 8-9 people
- Fully Cooked
- Ready to Eat
- Thaw before serving. For best results, Heat at 350 degrees for approximately 60 minutes, uncovered and without a rack, until breast meat reaches 150 degrees.
About our Smoking Process
Search for Whole Smoked Goose Recipes
- When the leg and thigh meat of a young goose is smoked, the naturally succulent dark meat becomes extremely moist and flavorful. In the smokehouse, the meat is gently caressed for hours by the smoke from fragrant hickory wood. Meanwhile, wonderful flavors develop from the salty-sweet brown sugar brine it was bathed in. The result is a product unlike any other smoked food available anywhere.
- The brine is made from a brown sugar cure to which our own blend of spices are added. It’s all mixed together in icy cold water before being introduced to the meat. The meat then goes into a tumbler where it cures for hours to pull the wonderful brine throughout.
- During the entire smoking process steam is injected into the smokehouse to keep the meat moist and intensify the flavors. All the while, the meat is browned and the celebrated goose skin becomes as crisped as is expected from a goose.
- Once ready for market, the smoked goose leg and thigh is flash frozen to retain all of its freshness, flavor and moisture